- Order Online 24/7
- Easy Checkout
- Tracking Number Provided
- 100% Safe and Secure Shopping
True low air loss combined with alternating pressure therapy. Additional features include automatic wireless fowler to prevent bottoming out when bed is articulated, and constant pressure monitoring to maintain comfort and recommended pressure therapy. Building on the true low air loss model benefits of improved air circulation, body temperature cooling and skin moisture management, the Invacare® microAIR® MA85 model increases the therapy with the addition of alternating pressure to reduce surface interface and offer pressure relief. Alternating pressure settings of 5, 10, 15, and 20 minutes are available on the MA85 unit. MA85RSR (Raised Side Rails available).
- Powerful 1275 LPM Blower: With it's 1275 Liters Per Minute blower, the microAIR MA85 literally blows away the competition. The MA85 provides true low air loss combined with alternating pressure therapy. The MA85 mattress system features automatic wireless Fowler technology to prevent bottoming out when bed is articulated, and constant pressure monitoring to maintain comfort and recommended pressure therapy.
- Dual Therapy modes: This blower-powered Group II therapy mattress offers comfort and envelopment of the patient in 8" bladders along with two treatment therapies, alternating pressure combined with true low air loss.
- Non-Shear Cover: The top cover is a dual-quilted cover with a slip layer, and the 10 nylon web straps with buckled hold-downs to secure the mattress are also standard on this model. The waterproof cover is made of non-shear nylon and has nylon tie down straps with buckles for attaching the mattress to the bed
- microAIR Technology: When the bed articulates to 45°, the transmitter in the head of the mattress signals the control unit to increase the pressure in the mattress by 80% to prevent the patient from bottoming out.
- New wireless fowler technology: real time pressure monitoring and energy conserving power units combine to make microAIR surfaces the most efficient dynamic support surfaces in the market. Within the power units is a pressure transducer that maintains surface pressure not to exceed 32mm/Hg. The solenoid valve within the compressor opens and closes the air valve automatically to maintain the pressure relief range prescribed. The compressor turns off to save energy when the patient is in the range. Wireless Fowler Technology is an innovation exclusive that assures patient comfort. From time to time patients need to sit up in bed, which creates the problem of additional pressure in the coccyx area and possible disruption of treatment. Working in sync with the power unit, the transmitter installed in the head section of the mattress signals the power unit when the head portion begins to raise. The power unit immediately begins adding 25% more air to the mattress to prevent patient contact with a hard surface.
- Pulse Mode: The pulse times are 1, 3, 5 or 10 minutes. The pulse times indicate the time between each low pulse. For example, if 5 minutes is selected, all the air cushions in the mattress will inflate for 5 minutes (the selected time) to the selected comfort setting and then drop 20% pressure for 20 seconds.
- Alternating Pressure Mode: The alternating pressure times indicate the frequency of deflation or inflation of half of the air cushions (even or odd numbered). For example, 10 minutes is selected. In this example, the even numbered air cushions in the mattress will deflate, while the odd numbered cushions remain at constant pressure. When 10 minutes has elapsed, the even numbered air cushions will inflate while the odd numbered cushions remain at constant pressure. When 10 minutes has elapsed again, the odd numbered air cushions deflate while the even numbered cushions remain at constant pressure. The air cushions continue to inflate or deflate like this as long as an alternating pressure time has been selected. At all times, half of the air cushions remain at a constant pressure when an alternating pressure time has been selected.
- Easy Storage: Mattress rolls up for easy storage. Attached carrying strap makes transporting the mattress easy.
- Quilted Cover: Dual quilted cover with slip layer protects against shearing and friction. Ten nylon buckle straps secure mattress to bed
- True Low Air Loss and Alternating Pressure therapies
Over the last 30+ years, Invacare has led the way with groundbreaking innovations that fundamentally changed the industry. Invacare delivers breakthrough innovations in comfort and style for beds, furnishings and accessories. Smart design and high-quality construction make Invacare beds and furnishings durable and safe. Today, Invacare is the global leader in the home and long-term care industries.